Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Country Inn & Suites - Newark Airport

I recently spent one night at the Country Inn & Suites near Newark Airport. The hotel is located at 100 Glimcher Realty Way. I was surprisingly pleased by this hotel!

There are many hotels in the area. I parked right in front of the hotel and upon checking in was given something to put in my car to show I was a guest. The check in clerk was very pleasant.

Right next to the check in desk is a small "store" that sold snacks, drinks, candy, sundries and microwavable food. There is also a room for continental breakfast (begins at 6 AM), an indoor pool and gym and a spot you can borrow books to read.

I took the elevator to my room which was a one bedroom suite and was very happy with the size. Upon walking in I found myself in the living room which had a cabinet with the t.v. in it, a couch and chair. Also in the room was a cabinet with a refrigerator, a microwave and coffee pot. Past that was the bathroom and shower, nicely sized and clean. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom.

There was also a desk with free internet access which worked perfectly. This is a big plus - I went from here with free internet to a five star resort in Mexico that had no internet access, which was a huge problem because I was working while on vacation.

Beyond that was the bedroom with a queen sized bed. There were the usual amenities of clock radio and ironing board.The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean.

I checked out at 4 AM and checkout was a breeze.

The hotel is located very close to Newark Airport and offers Stay & Fly - you can leave your car (for a fee) at the hotel and be transported by van to and from the airport. The lot that the car are left in is fenced and I was told has a 24 hour guard.

The Jersey Gardens Mall is also right near the property and perfect for some shopping to kill time!

This hotel was an excellent value - I would not hesitate to stay here again. If I did, I'd leave my car here rather than parking at Avistar. The shuttle was very convenient.

See pictures here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/574459185LOWTaf

No comments:

Post a Comment